Newman Leslie Osborne
Ambersen Osborne (father)
- "The world will be yours and mine."
- ―Newman Osborne
Newman Osborne (also known as Hob Goblin, Green Goblin, Ham Goblin, the Goblin, Goblin Ranger, Emerald Elf and Barillo) was a superpowered human businessman and crime lord who co-founded the multi-billion dollar company Osborne Industries as well as a member of the Court of Ravens.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "This is why only fools are heroes... because you never know when some lunatic will come along with a sadistic choice."
- ―Newman Osborne
Powers and abilitiesEdit
Artificially Enhanced Physiology: As a result of the Goblin Formula, Newman's strength, durability, speed and agility were enhanced and his aging was slowed down.
- Superhuman Strength: Osborne became super-strong. Coupled with his armor which further augmented his abilities, he was strong enough to at least match all of the Spider-Man's strength. He could lift approximately 8 tons
- Superhuman Speed: Ham Goblin could run and operate at superhuman speeds.
- Superhuman Stamina: Osborne's body produces less fatigue toxins, allowing him to work at peak capacity for several hours before fatigue begins to wear him down.
- Superhuman Durability: Osborne's body tissues, skeletal and musculature structure were enhanced by the Goblin Formula, making him stronger than an average human being. He was durable enough to survive puncture and gunshot wounds, blunt force traumas, powerful impacts and being struck by another super-humanly strong opponent.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: It was still possible for Osborne to sustain injury. If he was, his body's augmented chemical composition allowed him to heal damaged tissue much faster and more extensively than a normal human was capable of. While not as efficient as other superhumans', he could heal from injuries from a matter of days that would prove lethal to an ordinary human.
- Superhuman Agility and Reflexes: Hobgoblin's agility, balance, and bodily coordination were enhanced to levels beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete. His reflexes were similarly enhanced and were superior to those of the finest human athlete.
- Lunatic Laugh: Ham Goblin developed a sonic attack he called the Lunatic Laugh. Initially thought to be part of the mask, the laugh seemed to be an actual power of Newman's.
- Lunatic Laugh resistance: Osborne was seemingly immune to his Lunatic Laugh. It was unknown, if he was immune to other sonic attacks too.